Throughout the course of the blustery winter months of 2017-2018, we have been hard at work on the back end as we to solidify community partnerships and focus on strategic planning for the upcoming year. Some of these highlights include:
- Being brought on as a partner of the Beaver County Farmer's Markets Association, where we will work to increase sales through the eventual provision of SNAP/EBT Access at the markets
- Completing the first semester of a course on food systems and food justice at Penn State Beaver, including have 18 students run an on-campus garden, hold community meals in partnership with the Salvation Army in Beaver Falls, and the on-going maintenance of a Google-based foodshed map
- Discussions with Chatham University's Falk School of Sustainability and Environment about bringing the work of their Center for Regional Agriculture, Food, and Technology (C.R.A.F.T.) to Beaver County
- Preparing for various community presentations
- Continuing much of our own individual work with our local food establishments, Beaver County Extension Council, new farming adventures, and more!
We look forward to what 2018 is going to bring as the farming and gardening season kicks off. We will continue to keep you updated with education initiatives, outreach events, and much more. Stay tuned!